Wednesday, May 20, 2026
HomeNewsCourt Orders Final Forfeiture of Private Jet Linked to Alleged NNPCL MEPP...

Court Orders Final Forfeiture of Private Jet Linked to Alleged NNPCL MEPP Fraud, Money Laundering

 

A Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered the final forfeiture of a Hawker 800XP private jet allegedly linked to fraud, corruption, and money laundering connected to the Maiduguri Emergency Power Project (MEPP).

 

The ruling was delivered by Justice Emeka Nwite following an application filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), which sought the permanent forfeiture of the aircraft to the Federal Government.

 

The jet, identified by registration number 5N-AMK and serial number 258553, was said to have been acquired through proceeds suspected to be linked to unlawful financial dealings.

 

In his ruling, Justice Nwite held that Valiente Jet Limited failed to provide credible evidence showing the lawful origin of funds used to purchase the aircraft. The judge further noted that the jet was allegedly acquired through a Bureau De Change operator who denied any knowledge of the transaction, a factor the court said strengthened the EFCC’s case.

 

According to the anti-graft agency, investigations revealed that contracts valued at over $114 million and ₦23 billion were awarded under the NNPCL-backed Maiduguri Emergency Power Project in 2021. The EFCC alleged that Abdulsalam Mustapha Kachallah, who was linked to the project’s steering committee, exploited insider access to facilitate unlawful transactions involving China Machinery Engineering Company (CMEC).

 

The commission also alleged that more than $2 million was transferred through Afuwa Integrated Services Limited, a Bureau De Change operator, under the guise of false subcontracting arrangements. Investigators further claimed that forged invoices were used to conceal the movement of funds before they were allegedly transferred to Brazil for the purchase of the private jet.

 

The court had earlier issued an interim forfeiture order in November 2025 and directed the EFCC to publish notices inviting any interested parties to contest the seizure. After reviewing all submissions, Justice Nwite ruled that the evidence presented justified the permanent forfeiture of the aircraft.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Captcha verification failed!
CAPTCHA user score failed. Please contact us!

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments

Opene Maryanne on Hello world!
Opene Maryanne on Hello world!
Opene Maryanne on Hello world!
google.com, pub-9997724993448343, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0